Wednesday, September 12, 2007

hors d'oeuvres



Last Sunday I made these hors d'oeuvres to see if they were any good and a possibility for Christmas. Usually I frantically make a bunch of stuff at the last minute and never really know if they will turn out. I saw this recipe for Buckwheat Pancakes with Smoked Salmon while I was getting rid of old magazines. The picture looked good and it seemed easy. I thought I would try it on the family for Sunday dinner at Uncle's house. I knew that Jeff would not eat them. They were pretty easy but some practice would be helpful. It was suggested that they needed the addition of capers, maybe dill and the pancakes be a little smaller but over all they were tasty. I will try them again to see if they can be improved. I thought they looked pretty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your new front page is a knockout...Will withold comment on your buckwheats until I sample one...

Anonymous said...

i knew that you would love the pastries!!! Don't they make you hungry???

Anonymous said...

Always...